Tuesday 9 June 2009

The end (of filming) is in sight...

It is only when reading over this blog that I realise that half of the year has escaped, and it is already June. And almost half way through June also. I returned from NYC to the usual pile of post and email that kept my mind from the Rosie project. But now I have the end in sight. Eeva and I will film some tomorrow night, and then finish off with John on Friday. That will be all the shooting DONE! I am relieved and nervous, as I am not entirely sure that I have everything I need to make it cohesive. I am perhaps 90% sure, but without my usual mechanisms, of a script and a schedule, I cannot be wholly convinced.

I was chatting to Nerina Villa about her documentary short that she is doing for Screen West Midlands and discussing the approaches to editing. She already has a start on hers, despite not concluding the interviews, so that she knows what to collect. I wonder whether I would've liked to do this with Rosie, but figured that I haven't because I didn't want to. I described it once to John like putting together the pieces of the puzzle in post. And once a story is made from the images I have available, I will start on the sound. There is no sync audio on the footage, so everything sonically will have to be placed there. Building a picture, building a soundtrack...

On a different note, I took part in El Mas Santo recently. Another person who is doing what they love for the sake of it. I had such fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment