Monday 22 June 2009

Editing

I have finally dragged myself to the computer to do some editing and I am quite happy that it is coming together. Each cut that I do comes with an element of surprise, as if I never realised I could do these things intuitively as opposed to an organised regimented fashion. Of course, this is rubbish, as I have made documentaries for years which didn't have the element of control. But I am nevertheless happy.

It will be short. I can see that now. But I'm not too bothered as I am happy to be experimenting in my field. So far I have 15 minutes down. I think it will end up around 50 minutes long - bang slap in 'middle of nowhere' festival blackspot. But I think that it will work when projected up onto surfaces in cities. Who will stand for twice that length? Either way, that length will be more than enough when it comes to experimenting with the sound, which is going to be the biggest post job I have ever encountered.

On a different note, I have been thinking lots about Roger Corman lately. I want to contact him to say what a massive influence he has been to me, yet I have never acknowledged it anywhere. Credit where credit is due and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment