Tuesday 30 June 2009

The slow edit

As per the filming, the edit is slow. I am concerned about my resistance myself. Have I lost interest in this project?! Perhaps it is struggling to fit in along side all the other elements that are going on in my life right now. It is a frustration but I will see it through...

This morning, whilst thinking about this, I realised that it is perhaps my experimental approach to this film that is holding me up. I am considering every element, it is a process of reflection and ponderance. This is a luxury that I sometimes cannot afford with my filmmaking. I feel that I have developed my skills and instincts by learning these skills by rote. A militaristic commitment to improvement, as opposed to a reflective more rounded one. Even in the past my filmmaking was about challenging the things I read in books and putting it into practise, but now I think I am more conscious of this subversion, and where it could take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment