Saturday 2 May 2009

More filming

Today we shot more footage in and around Birmingham. I am happy that we have now fulfilled most of the project, but with a little more to pick up in June. The sporadic dates have meant the film has different seasons and haircuts etc... it really benefits from the time difference.

I find myself panicking about length (no puns please). I spoke to John about it today. Why am I worried about this nature of shooting a 'feature' film? 75 minutes or above please. It is a bizarre formality. You end in a halfway house if it isn't a short film or a feature. But why do I care? The chances of these things moving forward are that they should be a feature or they won't get seen in festivals. But I'm not sure I want to go down that route as I mentioned earlier. So it will just be a story. It may be a 40 minute story. It may be a two hour story. Let's not worry about the length.

Both John and I are just happy to be experimenting in our field. We are so often held up in development limbo waiting for projects to get started. Or on shoots and waiting around with the rigamarole of big crews. This is all about the fun and enjoyment of filmmaking. It is about exciting ourselves and remembering why we do this in the first place - telling stories with moving image. We are pigs in shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment