Saturday 25 April 2009

Another shoot looms

I can honestly say that the intermittent bursts of filming on Rosie have been harder than the long sustained effort on previous shoots. It is not so much the physical or organisational effort but the mental one. It is similar to when my friends have done part-time study. It doesn't operate in a prioritised area of my life. It becomes a secondary thing. This is a difficult thing to admit, but a natural one.

I don't believe this has led to a lack of quality or focus in this project, but simply lacks the creative emphasis that a short production window can bring. I found this similar to when I recorded a musical project called 'Sagittarius', where the recording was done in a week, but the mixing to weeks and (in my opinion) created a reduction in the 'timeliness' of the project, and made it relatively sterile. I am keen to see that this does not come to a similar fate. I don't think it will as there is an energy about the project and it's experimentalist approach that I think will keep it edgy.

I am aware that I am using very flowery and emotive language as opposed to the cold and scientific. I wish someone would create a formula for soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment