Thursday 2 April 2009

The Boy Who Collected Sound

Such is the disjointed nature of getting films made, that I have been focussed far more recently upon finishing a 6th draft of a feature script called "The Boy Who Collected Sound". It has been a long slog and it is three months later than I thought it would be. But it is done now and my mind this morning shifted back to "Rosie", which we aim to finish shooting in early May. I've only briefly revisited the footage that we have already shot and it excites me to see it. I don't know why, but I am particularly excited about the editing upon this project in a way that I have never felt before. I guess it is all the variables that we have introduced.

On a different note, the observant amongst you will notice that there is now Google Adsense material all over the page. I'm experimenting with it out of curiosity as everyone always asks me whether the films make money (because we measure success upon profit don't you know?). Well, this seems like as good an income stream as any other so I thought I'd explore it. Apologies if you automatically think I'm becoming a corporate capitalist whore... I'm acutely aware that the polar opposite of measuring success by profit is measuring success by lack of corporate intervention. It's a continuum that I couldn't really care about, as long as I get to tell stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment