Tuesday 7 July 2009

Meeting with Carl Schoenfeld

Today I met with Carl Schoenfeld, who I am going to take the liberty of calling an old friend now. We have been in contact since he knidly helped me with my Masters thesis in 2006. We've been in contact ever since.

I tell him about Rosie, and he suggests talking to a few other groups of people as he thinks there could be a nice little future for it as a punky side project. He points out a few different routes, which I prefer to keep private at this stage so we're not seen to be jumping the gun. I've always enjoyed this about Carl as he never shits on things from a great height. He always sees a merit in most things and seeks to optimise things on those merits. Put better - he points you in good directions.

I would go so far to say that I enjoy almost a mentorship from Carl. We've never formalised anything as such, but he is such a helpful and experienced mind. I think that such mentorships are crucial to our development as people, let alone filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment