Friday 19 December 2008

Workflow

Using P2 means that my PowerBook using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 is rendered useless.... the spec just isn't up to handling that amount of data. So I'm importing it into FCP 6.0.4 upon a new generation iMac... it handles it adequately enough, and I'll hopefully get a new generation MacBook from our production company next week, which handled P2 effortlessly upon the 72 project.

I'm then exporting lower resolution edits to drop into Abaltat to generate soundtracks. This is proving to be a little tricky, as I have to export scenes one by one and then stick them together seamlessly back in the edit. On my test material this works okay, but it will be interesting to see how this works in the final thing. Most melodies are operating on a minimalist structure around the key of C, so they should be fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment