Saturday 22 August 2009

Encodes

Since I've had the film back from Matt at Windmill Lane, I've been experimenting with encoding options which will make this film more compressed. Ultimately, the playout from Windmill Lane was 181GB, which is hideously big and not unusual for full HD. However, Justin McCarthy at Abaltat needs only a mp4 file to compose the music, so I've shrunk it massively to achieve that.

Overall, I am uncertain about the film at this stage. This is normal for me. I have always veered from love/hate relationships with my projects. But it is always difficult to sustain momentum when you are in the negative head space about a film. I think this may be the greatest benefit of a bigger team, is that you always bring one another along.

One thing is for sure - I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment