Friday 30 January 2009

Etain arrives...

Etain McGuckian arrived in Birmingham last night to assist us over the next few days. We have made a point of keeping the crew very small, but are simultaneously aware that we'll need support. Etain is great at being versatile and worked with me on "Watching & Waiting" as my 2nd AD, so John and I know her well.

I think she is as bemused by the project as many others. It is certainly a different approach to filmmaking from we are used to. But the experience is certainly a fascinating one. I am surprised how comfortable I am despite being so close to the shoot. This is usually an incredibly stressful period, but I don't feel too concerned at all, largely because of the confidence that "W&W" has brought to the small crew. I think it is this certainty (as long as it is not folly), that means I am finally becoming at ease with my filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment